After the trishaw egg tart, we continue our food hunting. Ran out of idea d... suddenly thought of this coffee shop opposite Peng Hwa Secondary School which is famous for its laksa. So, off we go for laksa!

But to my disappointment, the laksa standard deteriorate ler... It tasted so sweet even I added some chili padi into it. Is it because of too much shrimp paste or the pineapple taste too sweet?
Never tried the curry mee here although I often visit this coffee shop. Let's give it a try. Hmm.. taste wise. Too normal. Nothing special to brag on. The coconut juice taste is too heavy for my liking.
And finally char koay teow (ckt). This is how my bf like his ckt - without the taugeh. But I like mine with extra taugeh. Haha... totally opposite. The ckt taste good with 3 average size prawn served. Full of wok hei.

We were extremely full after the visit to this coffee shop. The popiah and the kuih talam is nice too, but my stomach is too full. Hmm... wonder can we win penangtuapui?

6 comments

  1. Christina Kim // Oct 30, 2008, 5:29:00 PM  

    Coffee shop in the afternoon opposite Peng Hwa? Hmmmm...wondering which one is it?
    The laksa sounds weird...tasting sweet:p

  2. .:: Ant ::. // Oct 30, 2008, 9:23:00 PM  

    Thanks for all the tips. I'll make sure to check out yr blog whenever I go to Penang. Take care! :)

  3. Anonymous // Oct 30, 2008, 10:00:00 PM  

    lol your bf very weird. CKT without taugeh will taste weird for me.. it's like missing the crunchiness already.

  4. -j- // Oct 30, 2008, 10:05:00 PM  

    i do agree that the laksa quality has deteriorated. my friend loves the CKT there and he actually puts the CKT into the laksa soup. says it tastes nice but i never tried!!!

  5. Allie // Oct 31, 2008, 10:33:00 AM  

    Christy,
    Sorry. I didn't know what's the name of the coffee shop. But I'll find it out and let you know.

    biologicalclockticking,
    Thanks for visiting!

    Vkeong,
    I also feel weird as luv mine with extra taugeh. Hehe...

    Duckie,
    Huh? CKT in laksa soup? Adventurous..

  6. Lingzie // Oct 31, 2008, 2:54:00 PM  

    i tried the laksa here some time ago. really wasn't impressed so the photos have been sitting in my unprocessed photos folder. :P