I read about this restaurant in Criz's blog and longing to dine there since then. This restaurant is located at Tanjung Bungah just behind Mutiara Selera Food Court.

This is the outside of the restaurant. There are setting of tables and chairs which are meant for dining, but we chose to sit inside as it's in the afternoon where the weather is hot.

The ambient of the inside gives a very comfortable feeling. I believe it's due to the yellow down light and the decor. There are some souvenirs sold by this restaurant.

Souvenirs...

Just a while after we were seated, we were served with these: 2 cups of tea OR 2 bowl of soups? It looks very much like the cup we used for chinese tea. But it's soup inside it. Isn't it too early to serve soup? The soup is cold when our food arrived. Anyway, the soup which is FOC doesn't taste good. Taste too artificially sweet to me.

We ordered Mayonnaise Chicken, Chicken Omelette and Claypot Ginger Beef.

The Mayonnaise chicken doesn't disappoint us as it taste good. Each piece of chicken is coated with mayonnaise and the meat is so tender. There are some chill powder in the mayonnaise sauce. It doesn't make the chicken taste spicy but added fragrant into it.

Next is Chicken Omelette. This dish looks very home style where fried eggs were topped with a gravy of minced chicken with onions. The gravy tasted more to sweet side.

How can I not ordered a claypot dish when I am in the Claypot Restaurant. The Claypot Ginger Beef came in a small claypot. The beef is tender and not chewy. The gravy is just mediocre. Maybe I am expecting some exotic flavour in this dish.

I opt for plain noodle to serve with all those dishes. The plain noodle as the name spelled, is plain and bland which is suitable to pair it with dished. A hint of soy sauce taste in the noodle and it is QQ. It's an alternate choice from rice. I am not a fan of rice anyway.


The address of the restaurant:
48 Jalan Sungai Kelian, Tanjung Bunga, 11200 Penang, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 12.00noon – 3.00pm, 6.00pm – 10.30pm (Closed on Monday)

8 comments

  1. minchow // Nov 25, 2008, 1:29:00 PM  

    I remember reading this on Criz Bon Appetit and making a mental note that I want to go! Of course forgot all about it in the midst of moving to KL... thanks for the reminder! And I'm not a big rice fan either, unless it's banana leaf rice :-P

  2. New Kid on the Blog // Nov 25, 2008, 5:55:00 PM  

    guess I've missed out on that... but hey, thanks for sharing.

  3. Penang Tua Pui // Nov 25, 2008, 6:28:00 PM  

    nice photo and great effort on food hunting while having review.....

    keep it up...

    ur photo shooting skill is improving a lot.

  4. Allie // Nov 25, 2008, 11:48:00 PM  

    550ml jar of faith,
    Yea! I like banana leaf rice too.

    Penang Tua Pui,
    hehe.. thanks!

  5. CRIZ LAI // Nov 26, 2008, 11:50:00 AM  

    It's great to see you visiting the restaurant. Somehow I still prefer taking the dishes there with rice as claypot dishes can become quite thick in flavor after the heat from the pots. :)

    http://crizfood.blogspot.com/

  6. Food Paradise // Nov 27, 2008, 9:55:00 AM  

    I been this restaurants. I think the foods and evironment is very good. lol

  7. Little Inbox // Nov 27, 2008, 10:13:00 AM  

    I think all the dishes go well with rice also. Must be flavorful, and quite appetizing.

  8. anxiety in children treatment // Mar 14, 2012, 7:14:00 PM  

    Everything in that restaurant is great- the ambiance, food, etc. I love all the recipes you posted.



    Raquel