Nowadays, when we are talking about mee goreng, we would always link to the one at Bangkok Lane.

But today I am going to review another mee goreng and definitely a good one. This mee goreng sotong is sold at the food court next to Fort Cornwallis at Esplanade.

Business start in the evening. The stall name is Hameed "Pata" Special Mee.

See, a very very generous amount of sotong. The noodle colour is not as red as the one at Bangkok Lane, but it's definitely more spicy than that one. The mee goreng is slighty wet but very fragrant.

The sotong taste sweet and spicy at the first few mouthful. Then it tasted spicy all the way until I finished the noodle. *Sweat*


If you are a sotong lover, you should definitely try this out.

I prefer this one than the one at Bangkok Lane. This is just my personal taste.


12 comments

  1. Anonymous // Nov 22, 2008, 6:56:00 PM  

    Ya.. the sotong was like 30% of the food. So generous. No wonder it called Mee Sotong.

  2. email2me // Nov 22, 2008, 10:03:00 PM  

    The mee goreng is real good! but too many crows bombing there .... hehehe ....

    Opposite got a chinese western food which sell a pretty good hainan mee, fried rice and also prawns platter. I haven't visit them since 1997 ... lol.

  3. Jason Wong // Nov 22, 2008, 11:26:00 PM  

    Wow! I have not been there, like for 4 year. The stall is always crowded and have to wait for quite some time.
    You can actually call to order before hand. You could try this number, 0134319384, if they have not changed the number.

  4. cariso // Nov 23, 2008, 1:40:00 AM  

    cha bor, price?!

  5. Little Inbox // Nov 23, 2008, 8:31:00 AM  

    I don't quite like the one at Bangkok lane wor...taste so so only.

  6. -j- // Nov 23, 2008, 2:17:00 PM  

    i like this one but always tend to be a little too spicy!!!

  7. New Kid on the Blog // Nov 23, 2008, 3:13:00 PM  

    Lots of friends told me that this is better than Bangkok Lane. :)

  8. Allie // Nov 23, 2008, 5:28:00 PM  

    Horizon,
    Thanks for visiting!

    email2me,
    Wah! Luckily I didn't get bomb by the crows ya!

    Jason,
    I went there around 4pm, so I didn't wait too long for my meal.

  9. Allie // Nov 23, 2008, 5:30:00 PM  

    Cariso,
    If not mistaken, it's RM4 / plate.

    Little Inbox,
    Same with me. I also feel that the one at Bangkok Lane so so only.

    Duckie,
    Ya. It's kinda too spicy for me too.

    NKOB,
    Ya, for me it's better.

  10. Penang Tua Pui // Nov 24, 2008, 10:44:00 AM  

    one of our favourite mee goreng, i think we stop going there for sometime liao....

  11. Steven Goh // Nov 25, 2008, 9:29:00 AM  

    Hei... I love this stall too their taste are excellent. For the one that don't love spicy food you can order kurang pedas. nice

    http://www.stevengoh.com/food/one-of-the-penang-best-indian-mee-esplanade-food-court/

  12. weevern // Aug 18, 2009, 11:53:00 PM  

    totally the best mee goreng without a doubt!:) 3.50 and avoid lunch hours and u'll be fine