My aunt is good in baking and cooking. She buys lots of cooking books and make reference from there.

One day I came across this new cookbook which teaches on how to bake cheese cakes. Lots and lots of cheese cakes recipe can be found.

I am not a big fan of cheese cake but I like to bake. So my aunt and I decided to bake this mango cheesecake.

She bought some mangoes from market and we are ready to bake a cake.

Before I share the recipe with you, let me show you my result.

Taraa... mango cheesecake by Allie and Aunt:


It's a chilled cheese cake. The cake texture is very smooth. And the biscuit at the bottom layer is very fragrant. Taste not too sweet. Good comments from my colleagues who gets to eat this cake.

Recipe:

BASE:
150g digestive biscuit (crushed)
100g melted butter
50g toasted cashewnuts (chopped)

CREAM CHEESE MIXTURE:
A:
500g cream cheese
60g caster sugar
3 tbsp fresh mango puree
1 tbsp lemon juice
250g mango flesh (diced)

B:
200g non dairy whipping cream (whipped)
1 1/2 tbsp gelatine powder, mixed with 4 tbsp water and double-boiled until dissolved

TOP LAYER:
1 tsp gelatine powder, mix with 100ml water, double-boiled until dissolved
2 tbsp fresh mango puree

METHOD:
1. Base: Combine all the ingredients and press into a 9" round spring form baking tin. Chill in the fridge for 20 minutes or until the base is firmed.

2. Cream cheese mixture: Use a K-beater to beat cream cheese, caster sugar, mango puree until smooth. Add in mango flesh and stir well.

3. Mix in whipped fresh cream in 3 or 4 batches. Lastly add in gelatine mixture and stir well. Pour mixture onto the prepared base.

4. Chill in the fridge for 3 hours.

5. Top layer: Mix mango puree with dissolved gelatine. Pour onto the set cheesecake and return to the fridge to chill overnight. Cut into pieces and serve.

Tips to cut cheesecake: Soak your knife in hot water, wipe the knife dry and cut the cheesecake. You'll get a nicely cut cheesecake.

17 comments

  1. Anonymous // Nov 15, 2008, 3:12:00 PM  

    Thanks for the sharing. I should try it out!!

  2. Ai-Ling // Nov 15, 2008, 4:07:00 PM  

    it certainly looks good in the photo. i bet it must hv tasted great as well. i'll certainly try that out :)

  3. New Kid on the Blog // Nov 15, 2008, 11:00:00 PM  

    this looks familiar... is it a cheesecake recipe by the name of ... loh???

  4. Allie // Nov 16, 2008, 8:54:00 AM  

    Simple girl,
    Try it out and update me whether do you like it.

    Ai-ling,
    Thanks for visiting!

    NKOB,
    mm.. sorry.The cookbook is with my aunt. I just took a picture of the recipe nia. If you wanted to know, I'll check it out the next time I back.

  5. -j- // Nov 16, 2008, 11:10:00 AM  

    oh it looks really good!!!

  6. Penang Tua Pui // Nov 16, 2008, 11:14:00 AM  

    wow.... recipe liao lo... cannot tahan liao... look at the cheese cake.. make me drool

  7. cariso // Nov 16, 2008, 2:04:00 PM  

    Now after meeting u in person, I finally realized that "avatar for Allie" really resembles your real person except the hair part. :p

  8. Allie // Nov 16, 2008, 9:24:00 PM  

    Cariso,
    Nice to meet you!
    The avatar resembles me ? Thanks to Penang Tua Pui imagination, I guess. hehe...

  9. Little Inbox // Nov 17, 2008, 7:48:00 AM  

    Oh, this is absolutely tempting, yummy!

  10. email2me // Nov 17, 2008, 12:57:00 PM  

    Start to look at recipes to prepare for upcoming pot luck gathering?

    :D

    Show me some cakes !

  11. Anonymous // Nov 17, 2008, 10:39:00 PM  

    wah wah wah...... cheesecake!!! my favorite la! i always want to try bake it but i am too lazy to move. until now, not yet bake any. :(

    oh... i like mangoes too!!!

  12. Food Paradise // Nov 18, 2008, 1:51:00 AM  

    wow.... nice mango cheese cake. I love mangoes. Will try it out soon. Thanks for sharing!

  13. Easy King // Nov 18, 2008, 11:02:00 AM  

    OMG! how can u forgot my share leh!!! it's my favorite...:(
    bad girl

  14. Anonymous // Nov 21, 2008, 10:00:00 PM  

    mm...yummy yummy.Will go and try if got chance to Ipoh..

  15. Anonymous // Nov 21, 2008, 10:09:00 PM  

    wa...the cake so nice. Wanna to try althought just see picture.

  16. sk // Jun 21, 2010, 1:05:00 AM  

    Hi there! i was searching for a mango cheesecake recipe and chanced upon yours. I thought it looked really good! But I've not been able to find the non-dairy whipped cream (whipped) in quite a few supermarkets. Is it the same as whipped light cream?

    Thanks!

  17. anxiety in children treatment // Mar 14, 2012, 7:11:00 PM  

    Wow. Great mango recipe. I love it.



    Raquel