Someone told me that this hokkien mee stall is good but I forgot who is he. I've wanted to try this stall a few times but everytime I went there, it was closed. So bad luck :-p

Let me describe to you the direction to this stall before I review on the food.

If you are coming from Jelutong Express, turn left when you reach first traffic light, go straight and turn right at the first traffic light. This stall is located at your right hand side.

This stall operates from 7am - 5pm.

You can choose to add in some extra ingredients into your hokkien mee. We've added fish balls and meat balls into our hokkien mee.

First sip into the soup, taste sweet but not spicy. Then I realised that the chili is provided separately in a bottle. This is different from the usual hokkien mee where they usually put the chili in a spoon which come together with the hokkien mee.

Even though I've added in the chili, it don't taste spicy. The soup base taste sweet but not from the prawn. Seems like it's from seasoning. Overall the hokkien mee taste very normal. The only thing that taste good is the fish ball which is very QQ.
The chili bottle.

11 comments

  1. New Kid on the Blog // Nov 10, 2008, 9:12:00 PM  

    yes yes yes ... heard from hubby that this is one of the best.

  2. Little Inbox // Nov 10, 2008, 9:20:00 PM  

    I never try anything near Xia Boi there...

  3. Anonymous // Nov 10, 2008, 11:17:00 PM  

    Hi,

    Is this in KL or Penang pls?

  4. Allie // Nov 10, 2008, 11:27:00 PM  

    Rambling mind,
    It's at Penang. And thanks for visiting!

  5. Allie // Nov 10, 2008, 11:28:00 PM  

    NKOB,
    But this one doesn't appeal me that much. This is just my personal opinion.

  6. -j- // Nov 11, 2008, 6:48:00 AM  

    i've not tried this one before .. i usually go to the one on presgrave road

  7. email2me // Nov 11, 2008, 10:00:00 AM  

    The white fish balls look tasty in the hokkien mee soup.

  8. minchow // Nov 11, 2008, 10:45:00 AM  

    Wow - big juicy fat fish balls! Are these the homemade type or the ones which are just texture and no substance?

  9. J2Kfm // Nov 11, 2008, 10:47:00 AM  

    fishballs in Hokkien MEe? hmmm...
    probably to make up for the lack of taste?

    but Pg still has the BEST prawn mee, hands down.

  10. Allie // Nov 11, 2008, 11:56:00 AM  

    Duckie,
    Presgrave road there nice? I go try one day. hehe

    email2me,
    The fish ball is very QQ.

    550ml jar of faith,
    It's those just just texture. But very QQ .

    j2kfm,
    Here in PG, normally we can choose to add in some special ingredients such as fish ball, char siew, siu yuk, ribs, egg, etc.

  11. Anonymous // Nov 11, 2008, 3:03:00 PM  

    Thanks for the information! I'll visit the restaurant next time if I'm in Jelutong. lol