Ah Leng char koay teow. I believe Penang folks are familiar with this stall. It is located opposite Honolulu Cafe.

This stall is famous for its char koay teow as it is served with big fresh prawn and also mantis prawn for the 'Special Char Koay Teow' which cost RM8. A normal one will cost RM4.50 illustrated below.

I am not too fancy of prawn, so I requested the uncle to use mantis prawn instead of prawn for my normal char koay teow. When it was served, mm... looks too normal for its price of RM 4.50. But when I taste it, wow! It tasted so special. The mantis prawn can be hardly found in the char koay teow, but nevermind that... the taste is so good! :-)

Will definitely order this when I visit him again. :)

1 comments

  1. weevern // Aug 18, 2009, 11:49:00 PM  

    hey you should try the char koay teow in chiu chang ka, lengkok burma, pulau tikus! only weekdays... also the one in kimberley street, in front of sin guat keong coffeeshop (night only)