This is the restaurant we had our first dinner at Hong Kong. And it's located at The Peak.

We are very hungry at that moment. So the big portion of the food do please us. Hehe!

This is chicken chop rice. There are some ginger on top of the chicken. Yummy.
I ordered stir fried koay teow with beef. To me this is so so only. The koay teow is a bit hard and the beef is too salty. I was slightly disappointed as I thought HK will have tasty stir fired koay teow with beef. Wan tan mee. The wan tan is delicious. Whole prawn can be found inside a wantan. Yummy. Curry beef with rice. The curry also taste good but was too salty for me. In fact, most of the food also tend to taste more saltly.
Milk Tea. As expected, it's very thick and creamy. Too creamy for my taste.
If not mistaken, this dinner cost us HKD 170++. Ya. That's real expensive!
Overall a satisfying dinner before we venture Madame Tussauds and to a breathtaking night view of Hong Kong.

9 comments

  1. J2Kfm // Sep 25, 2008, 8:07:00 PM  

    Hong Kong Day! haha .. we ate there too, for dinner. the food was mediocre affair.

    many cant accept the HK style milk tea, with excessive evaporated/fresh milk being used, aka Xi Mut Nai Cha @ Old Town Kopitiam here.

    but me? :) haha ... I am an extreme tea-lover, so it was right up my alley.

  2. Little Inbox // Sep 26, 2008, 8:55:00 AM  

    So hungry already, no time to consider about the price though it's expensive, right?

  3. Anonymous // Sep 27, 2008, 6:26:00 AM  

    Hmm...hows the food tasted like compared to Malaysian ones..they seem like what we got here.

  4. Andrew // Sep 28, 2008, 9:55:00 PM  

    the curry rice looks as if its over flooded with curry. I wonder if its the same as the japanese katsu curry.

  5. JeromeFo 令狐冲 // Sep 29, 2008, 8:57:00 PM  

    Omgz...
    Lovely HK Foods*
    Till now i haven't been to
    HK and eat their foods ><
    *crying*

  6. Allie // Sep 30, 2008, 9:15:00 AM  

    Lewis,
    Thanks for visiting! For me, the food at HK is more to salty side...

    Fortesfidelis,
    Actually the rice was served separately in a bowl. Sorry for my picture which is misleading.

    Jeromefo,
    You should go and try their food. Yummy. hehe

  7. Anonymous // Oct 1, 2008, 12:06:00 PM  

    that time when i went, it was raining and we rush for the Madame Tussauds museum. no time for food. i will go again next time.

  8. tigerfish // Oct 1, 2008, 5:00:00 PM  

    I think you'll get much cheaper and better food off The Peak!

  9. Anonymous // Oct 2, 2008, 11:37:00 PM  

    oh wow authentic Hong Kong fresh prawn wantans.. I want!

    BTW,the food seems to be very very expensive lol