It was my colleague who introduced this place to me. One of our Singapore counterpart came and this is the place we brought him for breakfast. My Singapore colleague had visited this stall a few times during his previous trips.


Aiyo... I'm so paiseh lo... I've stayed in Penang for ~5 years and yet I do not know about this stall. You should really know this stall as they serve the best fried fish fillet bihun I've ever tasted.

The mandarin character spelled that they sell fish stomach bihun. After we confronted the stall owner, this was they old stall name. Last time they used to use fish stomach but as times goes by, they change to fish fillet. As there are lots of bones in fish stomach and many people don't like it.

It's very easy to locate this stall. It's located opposite Red Rock Hotel, in the restaurant where at night the very famous Lye Lye Bah Kut Teh operates.

This is a bowl of bihun soup with mix ingredients. They are an egg, pig liver, fu chuk, minced pork and fish ball. You can opt for koay teow or maggi mee to replace the bihun.

The fish fillet is served separately. One bite into the fish fillet, you'll be mesmerized by the crispiness of the batter of the fish. It's so crispy that you do not want to stop munching on it. The fish meat is tender and without any fishy or muddy smell.


I luv to dip the fish into the soup for a while before I bite on it. It'll add some juicy feeling in the fish and yet the crispiness is maintain. Talking about it already make me drool.
They use siakap fish. All have been deboned.
See the fish fillet. Lots of them. They are cut into thick pieces.
More pictures to make you drool. Hehe...



I like mine with just minced meat and fried fish fillet. It's a MUST visit place if you like fish. :-)

9 comments

  1. KY // Nov 14, 2008, 9:59:00 AM  

    ooOo, looks good!

  2. Anonymous // Nov 14, 2008, 10:52:00 AM  

    Hi Allie, how much they charged? Howz the soup? Looks nice.......

  3. cariso // Nov 14, 2008, 5:10:00 PM  

    Price...dear.

  4. Allie // Nov 14, 2008, 7:08:00 PM  

    Ky,
    It taste good too.

    Simple girl and Cariso,
    It cost us around Rm 15 for that meal. If not mistaken, it's RM 5.50per bowl if I ordered fish and minced meat only.

  5. Little Inbox // Nov 14, 2008, 10:15:00 PM  

    har??I mah lagi paiseh? I'm in Penang all these while, haha...

  6. Pete // Nov 15, 2008, 12:34:00 AM  

    Wow, yummy, drooling now leh!

  7. Steven Goh // Nov 15, 2008, 8:57:00 AM  

    wah...don't say like that I don't know got such place too. Make me paiseh also. I always passed by there a few times a day also don't know got such nice place. Must go try out dee.

  8. Food Paradise // Nov 15, 2008, 9:56:00 AM  

    I went there few months back and the fish fillet is very crunchy and yummy. lol (I have done the review too)

  9. Penang Tua Pui // Nov 15, 2008, 10:02:00 AM  

    wah... makan time again... lets go and makan......