Qing Tian Coffee Shop at Chulia Street is a place where you can find lip-smacking char siew. This coffee shop is located below Sky Hotel which is near to a Fuji Film building.

A 'siew mei' platter which consist of char siew, roasted pork (siu yuk) and chinese sausage (cheung). The char siew taste good in a way that the meat is tender and very fragrant. Although the slices is not as thick as the one I ate at Hong Kong, but still it's good enough for one bite.

The roasted pork aka siew yuk meat is tender and juicy. The skin is very crispy.

A plate of vegetable to balance up the meaty diet.


A bowl of water cress soup to clear the body heat away. :-)

This place is always packed with people during lunch hour. The char siew sold out very fast, thus if you wanted to try this out try to reach the coffee shop at around 12pm.

Map for those who are not familiar:

12 comments

  1. -j- // Nov 29, 2008, 9:30:00 AM  

    i blogged about this too!!! i like the food here a lot and will usually go early so it is not that packed.

  2. Anonymous // Nov 29, 2008, 9:42:00 AM  

    The "siew yuk" looks good.....

  3. Lisa // Nov 29, 2008, 9:53:00 AM  

    wah nice looking siew yuk

  4. Allie // Nov 29, 2008, 10:17:00 AM  

    Duckie,
    I went there around 11.45, and it's already packed with people.

    Simple Girl,
    The siew yuk taste good too.

  5. Allie // Nov 29, 2008, 10:17:00 AM  

    Lisa,
    Thanks for visiting!

  6. Penang Tua Pui // Nov 29, 2008, 10:45:00 AM  

    AIYO... I WAN MY CHAR SIEW.......

    u make me drool and make me can hold myself..

    i will drive to get a dish now....

  7. CRIZ LAI // Nov 29, 2008, 1:09:00 PM  

    This is one of the great char siew shops around Penang. Quite reasonably priced too. The water cress soup is good. The only problem is that it's rather hard to get a place to sit if I go with more than 3 persons.

    http://crizfood.blogspot.com/

  8. email2me // Nov 29, 2008, 5:31:00 PM  

    This is my fav stall for Char Siew In Penang. Famous for kena wait 1 hour before your meal is served.

  9. minchow // Nov 30, 2008, 8:14:00 AM  

    I'm a siew yuk junkie! These looks like they could cause some arterial damage!

  10. Allie // Nov 30, 2008, 10:12:00 AM  

    Penang Tua Pui,
    Haha, faster go get their char siew.

    Criz,
    Ya. It's quite hard to get places.

    email2me,
    Lucikly that day I didn't wait for 1 hr.

    550ml jar of faith,
    Haha... I've forgoten bout arterial damage whenever I see good food.

  11. Little Inbox // Nov 30, 2008, 11:18:00 AM  

    The siu wok just nice, not too fat.

  12. Steven Goh // Dec 1, 2008, 12:16:00 AM  

    the siew chicken and the char siew of this stall is great. The stall was there longer than my age. Some of the people don't like their gravy a bit sweet but I love it may be it suite my taste