JJ Cafe is located at the jetty where you can take your boat to Jerejak Island. I thought that this place serves western food, but to my astonishment it serves malay food. Malay food is not a problem for me as I like spicy food.

We ordered nasi lemak, curry mee and one finger food.

The food was served quite fast as we are the only people dining there. The presentation of the nasi lemak is normal, the rice is not in a bowl shape which I expected it should be presentated that way. To my disappointment, the rice was rather cold and lacked of coconut juice fragrant. The chili tasted more to sweet side. The chicken was something like soy sauce braised chicken which tasted very normal.

The soup of the curry mee was very thick, too thick for my liking. The yellow noodle was over cooked which left the texture to be very very soft. The cockles were over cooked. Overall, this curry mee did not suit my tastebud.

Chicken Samosa is something like curry puff except it used popiah skin instead of pastry as the outer layer. The filling was like the one inside curry puff, but lack of spiciness. One thing which I feel very weird is they served the snack with some chili sauce.

One thing that I like about this place is the magnificent view of Penang Bridge, beach and sea. It's a very great place to have a cup of coffee and a little chat with your friend or love one.

Since it's just located by the sea side, you can feel the cool breeze sweeping by your face when you are relaxing while enjoying the view.



The jetty which lead you to your boat if you wish to 'sail' to the nearby island.
Map for those who are not familiar

View here for larger map

18 comments

  1. New Kid on the Blog // Jan 16, 2009, 7:49:00 AM  

    I think I'll go there for the view not for the food... the view is so beautiful!!!

  2. Food Paradise // Jan 16, 2009, 8:06:00 AM  

    The view is nice......

  3. -j- // Jan 16, 2009, 9:29:00 AM  

    actutally, the food looks good .. from the pictures, at least.

  4. Anonymous // Jan 16, 2009, 9:52:00 AM  

    Totally agreed with you, its a perfect place to relax over a drink.

  5. Allie // Jan 16, 2009, 9:59:00 AM  

    NKOB & Food Paradise,
    It's very relaxing sitting there with a cup of drink.

    Duckie,
    erm... What I can say is, the food doesn't really suit my tastebud :p

  6. Allie // Jan 16, 2009, 10:00:00 AM  

    CK,
    Yea. Just sit there and let the breeze blow away all my troubles. It's very relaxing.

  7. worldwindows // Jan 16, 2009, 10:27:00 AM  

    Always pass this junction on my way to MIL. Looks very nice and relaxing for an evening walk.

  8. Little Inbox // Jan 16, 2009, 10:36:00 AM  

    Hubby & I went there on Sunday too, but too bad, it was not during their operating hours. :(

  9. Penang Tua Pui // Jan 16, 2009, 11:37:00 AM  

    finally u go to the place i recomend.... hee hee....

    good view ler....

    sorry.. that place is solely for PAT TO.....

    restrict food blogger with camera and flash..............

    hahahahahhahahahahhahahahahha

    SPOILT MOOD NIA......

  10. CRIZ LAI // Jan 16, 2009, 1:51:00 PM  

    Haha.. I thought I did mention in my website that this place is for DRINKS and not for DINE-INS. Now you know.. LOL!

    Anyway, it amazed me how you could stand the extremely cold breeze during this time of the year. You did not get chilled, did you? :P

    BTW, it looked like the food you had did not look a bit like what I had earlier, even the presentation and sauces were different. Now they would have to look into consistencies. I don't think they know that the time used for cooking the yellow noodles should be shorter, so that the noodles would maintain their springiness.

    http://crizfood.com/

  11. Christina Kim // Jan 16, 2009, 2:06:00 PM  

    Wonderful view!!!
    But like New Kid, I won't go there for the food....looks really unappetizing...LOL:p

  12. Anonymous // Jan 16, 2009, 2:57:00 PM  

    The foods expensive ka? long time not been Penang liao

  13. Allie // Jan 16, 2009, 6:50:00 PM  

    Worldwindows,
    It's a relaxing place for a cup of drink.

    Little Inbox,
    The business hour is from 3pm - 11pm.

  14. Allie // Jan 16, 2009, 6:56:00 PM  

    Penang Tua Pui,
    hehe.. I don't carry a flash with me though. :p

    Criz,
    I went there before you posted your review ler...
    The breeze wass indeed very cooling, luckily I wore a collared tee that night.

  15. Allie // Jan 16, 2009, 6:57:00 PM  

    Christy,
    You can go there for a drink though. Enjoy the view and the breeze.

    Han,
    The price is consider acceptable to me. Range from RM 4-6 for the food I ordered.

  16. cariso // Jan 16, 2009, 7:16:00 PM  

    Aiyoh. How I wish that this is a place good for both food & view, not just view alone. :)

  17. Anonymous // Jan 17, 2009, 11:11:00 AM  

    place for view but not for food...noted hahaa
    thanks for sharing!

  18. Unknown // Jan 28, 2009, 10:11:00 AM  

    you should try nasi paprick....i try once ..very tasty...price ok...good for friend ang family gathering...i hear that they catter for private function..bbq dinner..with very good price..