I've made a wish to the stars last night... 'please don't let me get fat so that I can eat more and share more food with my readers'.


I would like to take this opportunity to wish all my readers Happy New Year 2009!

Let's continue with food...

Finally I am able to satisfy my craving for beef koay teow after a few fruitless trip as the coffee shop was closed during my last few trips. It's very hard to get a parking here, but luckily we manage to get a parking after we circled that place for a few times.
It's very easy to locate this coffee shop as it's located opposite a fire station.

There's my bowl of beef koay teow without any garlic oil added in. The fragrant aroma of the beef koay teow was rushing into my nostril when they served the koay teow. I just wanted to skip my photo shooting and slurp the soup. argh. . . have to bear a few minutes...

The soup tasted slightly creamy but without any strong taste of beef. So it's good for those who can't stand the strong beef taste. I am one of them too. The small amount of coriander leaves added fragrant to it.

The beef balls are quite QQ, but there are only 2 of them. How I wish there are more. hehe...

There are 2 sizes of beef koay teow, a small one cost RM7 while a big one cost RM8. I think the big one will have more beef balls.

The beef served were quite tender. A dip into the chili sauce, then put it into your mouth, just yummy...

Map for those who are not familiar:

View here for larger map

11 comments

  1. Little Inbox // Jan 1, 2009, 3:29:00 PM  

    Happy New Year to you too!

  2. Penang Tua Pui // Jan 1, 2009, 5:59:00 PM  

    this is one of the very famous but still remain its quality hawker food in town...

    yum yum

  3. Food Paradise // Jan 1, 2009, 6:07:00 PM  

    Happy New Year!!!!

  4. Allie // Jan 1, 2009, 6:18:00 PM  

    Little Inbox,
    Happy New Year!

    Penang Tua Pui,
    Agree with you that their are able to maintain their food quality.

  5. Allie // Jan 1, 2009, 6:19:00 PM  

    Food Paradise,
    Happy New Year to you too! Let's have a great 2009 year ahead!

  6. cariso // Jan 1, 2009, 7:07:00 PM  

    Don't worry, I'll be watching you...closely on your belly size! :p

  7. Allie // Jan 2, 2009, 10:00:00 AM  

    Cariso,
    Hehe... Let you see 'closely' on our coming tuesday.

  8. Anonymous // Jan 2, 2009, 11:17:00 AM  

    Yeah this is my favorite beef soup noodle :) And not to mention the pretty lady who prepares it too lol.

    Happy New Year Allie :)

  9. Anonymous // Jan 2, 2009, 11:20:00 AM  

    Hmm...I love the beef here...superb! I think still the best in Penang ya!

  10. Allie // Jan 2, 2009, 11:41:00 AM  

    Vkeong,
    The pretty lady is friendly too :)

    Happy New Year to you too!


    SimpleGirl,
    The beef ball is superb too!

  11. email2me // Jan 2, 2009, 4:26:00 PM  

    I never miss this stall whenever I go back Pg. Their soup base is the best I ever had for beef noodles.