I've revisited 113 Fried Porridge Shop last week. Went there with my bf's parents. So I didn't get to take any pics. What a waste. *sigh*

Since there are 4 of us, we decided to order a few dishes and hv some rice. Erm... let me recall my memory. We ordered the Black Four Season Bean, Shark Meat Curry, Tofu and The Pork stirred fried with ginger and spring onion.

We wanna recommend the Black Four Season Bean to his parents. But to my disappointment the chef's performance is not consistent. The sauce is slightly liquid compare to the first time we dine there. And the dried shrimp and the 'choi bo' (pronounce in Cantonese) is less. It makes the dish less tasty.

Shark meat curry - the meat testure is good but the curry is slightly thick. And a bit too spicy to my liking. It covers up other aroma.

The Tofu - I forgot exactly what is the name of this dish. The tofu is fried then is served with some soya sauce. For me the tofu is ok. The tofu is soft. But they doesn't really like is cos they feel that the outer layer is quite hard.
Actually I wanted to order the Yunnan Tofu recommended by Criz Lai but my bf's mother wanted a dish with some gravy. So, I can't get to taste it. But definetely I will visit this shop again to try other dishes.

And finally pork stirred fried with ginger and spring onion. It's not the normal type of pork. I forgot what's the name of this pork. This kind of pig normally can be found in the jungle. Anyone can tell me what's called? This dish is tasty. The texture of the pork is not too hard. Recommended.

Total cost = RM 29.xx (exclusive of drinks). It's consider cheap.

* Although the serving portion is small, but it's enough for 4. :-)

10 comments

  1. Little Inbox // Jul 7, 2008, 9:21:00 PM  

    Dine out for 4 persons at that price is really cheap. I mark it down and decided to pay it a visit soon...

  2. CRIZ LAI // Jul 8, 2008, 4:18:00 AM  

    Hmmm... comments noted and I shall go over and kick the *** of the cook for bad performance... haha :P

    p/s This must be the son cooking. His dad must be in the jungle hunting for more wild boar supplies as always :P

  3. Allie // Jul 8, 2008, 8:58:00 AM  

    Ooo... so the cooks are the father and son.
    Hehe... who knows the better one is the son? Hahahah.. kidding.

    Yeah! Wild boar. This is the word I've been thinking all day long. Thanks Criz!

  4. Allie // Jul 8, 2008, 9:06:00 AM  

    Hie Little Inbox. Thanx for dropping by. :-)
    I've added you in my blog list.

  5. New Kid on the Blog // Jul 8, 2008, 9:37:00 AM  

    :( too bad, no pictures....

  6. Allie // Jul 8, 2008, 2:39:00 PM  

    Sorry. Will definitely snap pic in future.

    Thanks for visiting. I've been reading your blog this whole morning. Nice one :-)

  7. New Kid on the Blog // Jul 8, 2008, 5:44:00 PM  

    Hi Allie, thks. Also thks for the link too!

  8. CK Lam // Jul 10, 2008, 11:15:00 AM  

    Another outlet for a nice meal...would like to try out the wild boar meat (it is known as san chu yoke in Cantonese).

  9. gill gill // Jul 10, 2008, 11:17:00 AM  

    may i know where is this 113 fried porridge located? is it the one at burmah road?

  10. Allie // Jul 10, 2008, 3:27:00 PM  

    Yeah! San chu yoke! I would like to try the curry version.

    Gill Gill,
    This 113 Fried Porridge Shop is not located at Burmah road. It is at Batu Maung. For a detail map, you can refer to Criz Lai's blog: http://crizfood.blogspot.com/2008/06/review-113-fried-porridge-shop.html. Criz always provide a clear direction to good food!