It has been quite sometime since my last visit to Sakae Sushi. Hmm... I think almost half a yr already.


Just a while after we are seated, I found that Sakae Sushi had changed to a new set of menu. *paiseh*. I think that they must have changed to this menu for quite sometime since I found some torn pieces in the menu.

We've ordered Hana Maki, Chuka Hotate, Kakiage (Vegetable Tempura), Fried Tofu, Kizami Unagi and Soft Shell Crab Temaki.
Hana Maki is sushi wrap with raw salmon and topped with mayonise. Taste good.
Chuka Hotate; my favourite. A must order everytime I visit Sakae Sushi. It's the marinated frills of scallop. Taste slightly sweet ad spicy.
Kakiage - Vegetable tempura; consist of carrots, onions, capsiums and brinjal. It's only cost RM 1.90 and serve good as snack.

Next round is Fried Tofu, Kizami Unagi and Soft Shell Crab Temaki.
The Fried Tofu is also a must order. The tofu is topped with some sweet sauce (kinda like the one served with unagi) and the texture is very soft. Price only RM 1.90, very worth.
Kizami Unagi - something new for me. I've just discovered this in the new menu. The topping is chopped unagi which taste slightly sweet. I like his new dish!

The above dish ar, I also dunno what's the name. But I've asked the waitress. According to her it's some Japanese bean. But it taste terrible - the bean taste like it've turned sour and it's sticky. The stickiness is shown in second picture. This sushi make my friend wanna vomit. I only eat one bean, but also can't stand the taste.

The last dish is Salmon Kamaage. The salmon is fried then served. The meat is soft and the skin is slightly crunchy. Very aromatic. A picture is more than 10,000 of words. My chopstick is faster than my camera. *paiseh* Hehehe.

Overall, a very satisfying dinner. Somemore this dinner is for my friend farewell. She resigned from the company where both of us used to work in. After I changed job, we haven't meet until that day. So, we hv lots of things to chat on.

All The Best in your new job, YH!

8 comments

  1. Penang Tua Pui // Jul 14, 2008, 9:49:00 PM  

    Sakae is one of the great place to have Jap food in fast food mode besides Sushi King.

    My favourite way is to have the sushi deliver right on your front from the chef and put it in the mouth straight away. Yum Yum... fresh and yummy. Order what ever sushi u like and they make it instantly.

    I like sushi bar style.

    Hi, I am Huat Koay

  2. Allie // Jul 15, 2008, 9:19:00 AM  

    Huat Koay, Thanks for visiting my blog. :-)

    Yeah! agree with you! Sushi deliver fresh from chef and put in mouth straigh away! Yummy!!!

  3. New Kid on the Blog // Jul 15, 2008, 12:43:00 PM  

    Sakae is better than Sushi King, in fact, more variety. GOod choice!!

  4. Allie // Jul 15, 2008, 2:00:00 PM  

    New Kid on the Blog,

    Yeah! Gimme 5! I also feel that Sakae is better!

    Thx for visiting!

  5. CK Lam // Jul 23, 2008, 12:28:00 PM  

    Didn't know that Sakae has a new set of menu. Went to the place a few weeks back but there was a long queue... instead we ended up in Sushi King lor.

  6. YH // Jul 27, 2008, 4:53:00 PM  

    hey, now only i realized that you put my name on your blog, just like "put me on the table". Now ppl who knows you will also get to know me already. I became famous overnight :-p

    Anyway, thanks for the dinner. Really enjoy walk walk and talking with you. Keep in touch.

  7. Allie // Jul 28, 2008, 5:04:00 PM  

    Haha. Not put you on the table la, friend.

    Just that, it's a memorable night with you, so hv to put your name there. Somemore it's your big day ma. hehe

  8. Mark // Sep 15, 2008, 1:02:00 PM  

    Sakae rocks!

    Having sushi cravings again...OMG =P

    Nice blog btw =)

    markthepooh.blogspot.com