Been thru a busy week. Sigh... Left my blog untouched for so long.

The first thing I did is I read all the updated blogs in my blog list first before I start blogging. hehe... Miss all the other blogs...
Cherry Blossom. Heard about this place a few months ago, but finally got to dine there. This restaurant is located in Sg. Ara. It's quite unique as it's a bungalow house. The environment is nice. There are 2 sections where you can sit.

We ordered Meng Kam, Seafood Tomyam, Claypot Tofu, Fried Kangkung and Mango Kerabu.

First served was Meng Kam which is one of my favourite dish in Thai food. Afterall it's appetiser right? Just a brief explaination in case someone is not familiar with this dish. Hmm... mm... mm... I also dunno how to explain. *paiseh*

From the picture, you can spot that there are 9 ingredients in this dish. The ingredients are peanuts, grated coconut, chili, dried shrimps, onion, lime, ginger, sauce and one kind of leaf.

The way to eat this dish is make the leaf (I am not sure what kind of leaf) into a cone shape. Then put all the ingredients into the leaf and put some sauce on top of it. I put everything except onion cos I don't like onion. I like the grated coconut most. My favourite is to make my serving be floaded with sauce. Then you will experience spicy, sweet, sour etc taste in your mouthg. Yummy!

Seafood Tomyam. The serving method is very unique. See there are 2 part of the pot. Only the top part is filled with tom yam. The portion is quite small for 4 person. Taste wise. Good. Spicy and sour enough. But there are very few seafood in the soup.



Once the claypot tofu served on the table, the fragant smell attacked our nose. Hehe. Or maybe we are too hungry? Anyway, the tofu taste very nice. Lots of gravvy and vege.

Kerabu Mango. It has some onion and dried shrimps in it. The dried shrimps are coated with some sugar. Goes well with the kerabu. But overall the kerabu is slightly dry.

Fried Kangkong. Just normal. But it is also topped with dried shrimps which is slightly sweet. Appetising
Lastly, the dessert. This is also one of my favourite food in Thai food. It's some ice with santan served with jackfruit and water chestnut. But this one taste so so.

Overall the food taste good. Total bill is RM71.50. Quite reasonable.

7 comments

  1. CK Lam // Aug 17, 2008, 10:14:00 AM  

    This is a place which I have yet to visit...nice of you for sharing all the yummy food :)

  2. Anonymous // Aug 18, 2008, 11:35:00 AM  

    I have been here a couple of times.. food is quite good but I find the pricing a bit on the high side. The restaurant's location is quite hard to find for first timers though, lol. The road leading to it has so many pot holes! I wonder they have fixed it?

  3. New Kid on the Blog // Aug 19, 2008, 7:42:00 AM  

    this is the place for many FTZ people organize their farewell lunch...
    price on the high side which I dont quite agree with it... the last we had was pretty reasonable.
    as for the pot holes, actually that road leading the place is private road, of course the government will not fix it.

  4. Allie // Aug 19, 2008, 10:16:00 AM  

    CK Lam,
    I hope I can share more good food as what you and other floggers did. :)

    vkeong and new kid on the blog,
    Yea. The road leading to it is quite damaged and the restaurant's location is quite isolated. But important is good food rite? hehe.. .

  5. Anonymous // Aug 20, 2008, 9:20:00 PM  

    I agree with NKOB as this is the place for many FTZ people organize their farewell lunch...

    we are frequent customer to them too.. a lot of ppl cabut from my department.. hahaha...

    now no more....

    nice food... and good as they are pork free.....

  6. minchow // Aug 22, 2008, 6:26:00 PM  

    Was the original outlet from town area? You know on that road between Burmah Road and Jalan Sultan Ahmad Shah? I was wondering what happened to that.

  7. Little Inbox // Aug 23, 2008, 9:18:00 AM  

    I used to visit this place too. However, found that their food quality is deteriorated, and the quantity is keep on decreasing.