My first pot of Sukiyaki. I've never try sukiyaki before.

It's a one pot meal which is similar to Chinese Steamboat style of eating. The main ingredient is thinly sliced beef simmered in sukiyaki sauce. Other ingredients such as few types of vegetables, enoki mushrooms, onion, tofu and japanese glass noodles are too put in a pot together with the sukiyaki sauce.

I was surprise that the sukiyaki sauce is so sweet. In fact, slightly too sweet for me if to drink it on its own. But the sliced beef simmered in the sukiyaki sauce is so tasty. The beef is so tender.

The other thing that I like is Japanese glass noodles. It's slightly chewy and not like our local glass noodle which is quite soft. When it's eaten with the sukiyaki sauce, it tasted slighty sweet. Nice.

Enoki mushroom cooked and simmered in sukiyaki sauce also very tasty. Yummy. The mushroom absorbed the sukiyaki sauce, so when we bite on the mushroom, there are lots of sauce.

Kirishima at Cititel Hotel operating at: 12noon to 2.30pm (Lunch), 6.00pm to 10.30pm (Dinner)Location : Lobby Level.

6 comments

  1. CK Lam // Aug 26, 2008, 10:58:00 PM  

    Nice to have a hot pot of sukiyaki on a rainy and cold day. I have yet to try out this dish from Kirishima.

  2. Allie // Aug 26, 2008, 11:12:00 PM  

    CK Lam,
    Agree with you. A steaming hot pot of sukiyaki on a rainy and cold day... oh... so warm...

  3. JeromeFo 令狐冲 // Aug 27, 2008, 10:49:00 PM  

    yer....
    I want to eat la.
    Japanese steamboat always is my favourite.....

  4. Allie // Aug 28, 2008, 11:03:00 PM  

    Jackson,
    Yea, I like teriyaki too!

    Jeromefo,
    Yea. You should try this. As I heard that this shop is renowned for it's japanese food. It's said to be the very prefered by the Japanese.

  5. Anonymous // Aug 28, 2008, 11:19:00 PM  

    aiya... sukiyaki sauce is sweet one ma.... that's why Fei Fei like it sooooo much... MUST order if it is listed there in the MENU.... :(

    haha....

  6. Allie // Aug 29, 2008, 9:22:00 AM  

    Penangtuapui,
    *paiseh*, I dunno that sukiyaki sauce is sweet one. Afterall, it's my first pot of sukiyaki :p

    Why :-( when you said is a MUST order for FEI FEI? You don't like sukiyaki huh?