Yea. It's correct. I tried to cook claypot chicken rice without claypot. Hehe...

Tried to cook a simple dinner without leaving any big mess in the kitchen for cleaning. So, I've thought of steam rice. Put all the ingredients with the rice, then steam it. No oil, no frying, no mess...

But, this is my first attempt to do this. OMG! I'm so worry that it'll turn out to taste bad.

Bought 2 drumsticks from Tesco. Cleaned it, removed the fat, and marinated it with oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar and pepper for a few hours.

Then I put in all the ingredients (chicken, mushrooms, kwe hua meat - the red thing which similar to lap cheong, ginger and some carrots) on top of rice. Steamed it for 25 minutes.


Tadaa.... It looks and smell nice, but not sure how it taste. :-p


I scooped out everything, divided into 2 and put on plate. This is how it looks.

Hmm... taste good man! Just that the rice is slightly uncooked. I wonder why the rice is slightly uncooked as I think the water should be enough as the rice is quite sticky.

5 comments

  1. Little Inbox // Aug 23, 2008, 9:17:00 AM  

    This is the easy one-pot dish which I would love to try it out. Thanks for sharing.

  2. New Kid on the Blog // Aug 24, 2008, 11:27:00 AM  

    this is an easy or rather lazy dish for all working people. i used to cook this too...

  3. Little Inbox // Aug 24, 2008, 4:51:00 PM  

    Allie, I just can't wait to cook this, and just last evening, i gave it a try! Haha. But i dun have time to merinate the chicken, so I just stir fry chopped garlic, chicken breast, mushroom, lup cheong, with osyter sauce, dark soy sauce, and light soy sauce. Then pour in the washed rice to stir fry together, and pour in water to leave it boil. Finally just pour everything into rice cooker. I like the result. Haha...

  4. Allie // Aug 24, 2008, 9:16:00 PM  

    Little Inbox,

    Glad that you like the result! I would like to try your way of cooking too.

    Stir fry washed rice? Something new to me :-)

  5. Allie // Aug 24, 2008, 9:17:00 PM  

    NKOB,
    Yea. It's a simple dish to cook and also very nutritious too. :-)