Enjoyed a meal at Korean BBQ Chicken Restaurant with my aunt and cousin. It's just a snack meal as both my aunt and cousin already had their lunch. I am the only one haven't had lunch.

We strolled along Sunway Carnival thinking what to eat. As usual, dunno what to eat. Hehe. Then we came across this restaurant and we decided to try something new to us. It was my first visit to this restaurant although I always come across it at Gurney Plaza.

We flipped and flipped the menu thinking what to order. The pictures in the menu make me drool. Finally made up my mind, I've ordered Korean Charbroiled. This is a set which come with Mashed Potato or Shrimp Fried Rice and Salad. I've chosen mashed potato as rice would be too heavy.

This is how it looked like. Hmm... first bite. Yummy! The thigh meat is so tender and the ingredients used to marinate the chicken is fully absorbed by the chicken. The meat taste slightly sweet. But after a few bites, I found that the skin is quite fatty so I left the fatty skin untouched. Mashed potato tasted very creamy. The salad tasted slightly bitter and the veges are floaded with mayonise which is think it's just too much. Both the mashed potato and the salad are not to my liking.
As for this set the price is RM14.50 for 2 pcs set, RM18.90 for 3 pcs set or RM 34.60 for a family set which consist of 6 pcs.

My cousin sister ordered Golden Strip. It's fried chicken fillet. The chicken fillet is garnished with some cheese. To my surprised, the chicken fillet is not dry at all altough chicken breast is used. The meat is tender too and there are some spices aroma in the meat. I can't figure out what's the spices used. Sure I can't la... it's their secret recipe ma, lol! Hehe. ..
As for the price, RM 8.50 for 4 pcs and RM12.00 for 6 pcs.

We ordered ice lemon tea. There isn't any lemon or tea taste. Not recommended.

Overall, the food is good. Will surely return to try on others.

14 comments

  1. J2Kfm // Aug 5, 2008, 12:49:00 PM  

    wow, fillet of fried chicken with cheese?!!!!
    that's a new one.

  2. Allie // Aug 6, 2008, 9:22:00 AM  

    j2kfm,
    Thanks for visiting!

    Ya. the fried chicken fillet is topped with cheese, just like the cheesy wedges from KFC.

    Jackson,
    Thanks for visiting! Your blog is awesome!

  3. CK Lam // Aug 6, 2008, 12:31:00 PM  

    Passed by the outlet in Gurney many times but yet to try out the food. Will follow your recommendation on my visit there soon.

  4. CRIZ LAI // Aug 6, 2008, 10:04:00 PM  

    Aiks... got a branch in Gurney? That showed how long I have not step into that area. :P

    That cheezy chicken fillet looked great. I would try it out one day.

    http://crizfood.blogspot.com/

  5. Allie // Aug 7, 2008, 9:30:00 AM  

    CK,
    Try it and hope you like it too.

    Criz,
    The branch at Gurney is located at outside which is near Starbucks and Segafredo. I also long time never been to Gurney since Queensbay opened.

  6. New Kid on the Blog // Aug 7, 2008, 6:26:00 PM  

    Hmmm.... I never know there's an outlet in Sunway Carnival.

  7. Food Promotions // Aug 7, 2008, 9:58:00 PM  

    Hi Havenly Allie,

    I would like to invite you to visit Food Promotions blog at http://foodpromotions.blogspot.com/ for all the promotions throughout Malaysia. Do link us at your site. Thanks for your support. Hope to see you soon at Food Promotions Blog.

    Cheers,
    Noir

  8. Little Inbox // Aug 10, 2008, 6:18:00 PM  

    After seeing so many post on Korean BBQ Chicken, I really wanna try it out the one at Gurney Plaza.

  9. Allie // Aug 10, 2008, 11:40:00 PM  

    Little Inbox,
    Try it out and hope you'll like it. :-)

  10. Andrew // Aug 11, 2008, 4:20:00 PM  

    Thanks for sharing Allie. I have always walk passed their outlet at GP but never really thought of trying. Now that I know how their food taste like, I might just pop over there one of these days.

  11. Allie // Aug 11, 2008, 11:53:00 PM  

    fortesfidelis,
    Thanks for visiting!

    It's worth trying :-)

  12. Anonymous // Aug 16, 2008, 2:09:00 PM  

    wow.... another great place for great food...

    hmm.... may need to fly over to sebarang to hunt for food liao lo

  13. Allie // Aug 17, 2008, 1:42:00 AM  

    Penang Tua Pui,
    hehe... yaya... I bet seberang has lots of good food too. But I seldom go there. :-p

  14. Anonymous // Sep 9, 2008, 1:13:00 PM  

    really ahh!!!! is food good we should invite our friends and family go there maa....