Fun Tea Garden previously was known as Dynamic Cafe. Dynamic Cafe was previously located at around 'Xia Bui' market. Dynamic Cafe was renamed to Fun Tea Garden and moved to opposite of Perangin Mall Pizza Hut which is at Jalan Dr. Lim Chwee Leong. It can be easily located.


This shop is located along main road, but don't worry that you can't get a parking as the shop owner co-operate with a parking site onwer to provide parking for Fun Tea Garden customers with only RM1 as parking fees. The parking is just slightly futher away down the road. There's a 'Car Park' banner displayed, so don't think you'll miss it.


Char Siew Pau - The filling is very tasty. Yummy.

Egg Tart - the pastry is not fluffy enough but the egg is tasty as it's not too sweet.

Century Egg porridge - my favourite. See, there are so much deep fried spring roll skins on top of the porridge. Such a generous serving. This porridge is very tasty. Very soft texture and the taste is just like that you can find at home. Lots of ingredients are used to cook this porridge, I guess. Shredded chicken, dried mussel and century egg can be found in the porridge.


Lo Mai Kai - Taste pretty nice but the glutinous rice is slighty uncooked.

Fried raddish cake - Skin is thin and very crispy. Inside is soft and there are some meats inside the raddish cake. Taste good.
Fried fishball - one of my favourite dim sum at any dim sum restaurant This one is quite chewy. I believe it's hand made.

Siu Mai Wong - This is highly recommended by one of the worker. It's the king of Siu Mai. Mm... for both of us the taste is similar to normal siu mai. mm... our taste bud problem? ? The difference that we found is in this siu mai king there are some vege.

Siu Mai - nothing much to fuss about. Big chunks of water chestnut can be found in this. Just good. ;)

More dim sum pictures:




Overall, the dim sum is satisfying. Total charges is RM 18.40. Quite reasonable for me.

Other than dim sum, this restaurant serve also char hor fun and other fried noodles.

p/s: Argh...! I forgot to print the voucher in Criz Lai's blog to entitle a 10% discount. What a waste.

11 comments

  1. CRIZ LAI // Aug 25, 2008, 2:05:00 AM  

    Thanks for joining Allie. I guessed there are a few suggestions here for the chef to improve. :)

    http://crizfood.blogspot.com/

  2. Little Inbox // Aug 25, 2008, 8:26:00 AM  

    Luckily the competition is extended to end of August!

  3. Allie // Aug 25, 2008, 9:26:00 AM  

    Criz,
    I wanna win the voucher ma, so I can taste more variety of dim sum Hehe

    Little Inbox,
    Yea. If not I would hv miss the chance to join.

  4. Liang Mui // Aug 25, 2008, 4:44:00 PM  

    i saw sth like shark fin on top of tat dumpling? pls correct me if i'm wrong.. haha :D

  5. Andrew // Aug 26, 2008, 5:40:00 PM  

    hi allie - hehehe...you are not the only that forgot the 10% voucher from Criz. I missed that too when I did a review earlier this month. What a pity.

  6. Allie // Aug 26, 2008, 8:34:00 PM  

    fortesfidelis,
    yalor... what a pity...

  7. Allie // Aug 26, 2008, 8:35:00 PM  

    liang mui,
    Ya. I think it's shark fin but I never try .

  8. Anonymous // Aug 26, 2008, 9:34:00 PM  

    aiks.... we got voucher hor.... aiyoyo....

    what make us forget about the voucher..... pengsan.....

    seems like allie will be potential winner with the great review...

    after win remember to belanja us makan .... ok? lolx

  9. Allie // Aug 26, 2008, 10:45:00 PM  

    PenangTuiPui,

    Yalor. I also dunno why I can forget about the voucher. Really pengsan.

    Eh... How come I never see your review one?

    Wah... so happy that you comment that my review is great. Even I don't win, but feel that I've won d.

    Hehe. Belanja you guys? I worry RM100 not enough lo... Haha.
    Kidding.

  10. J2Kfm // Aug 27, 2008, 3:22:00 PM  

    wei, aiya, til end of August only ah? tot can extend maybe I can join also. wasted liao ...

    this wkend wont go Pg gua ... merdeka jam and all.

    but I crave for dimsum every now n then, maybe someday will drop by this shop, since so near to Komtar, rite?

  11. Allie // Aug 28, 2008, 10:55:00 PM  

    j2kfm,
    Ya. It's very near Komtar. Please drop by and I'll be waiting for your review.

    Enjoy da dim sum!