Apart from the birthday meal treat from my aunt at Sakae Teppanyaki, my bf treat me Italian food at Bravo Italiana which is located at I Avenue. It's just located next to the 100 Yen shop which sells Japanese stuffs such as snacks, household appliances and some fancy stuffs.

Both of us ordered set dinner. We were served with soup of the day (pumpkin soup).

This is my first time tasting pumpkin soup, so there isn't any expectation for the soup. But I wonder why there's no pumpkin taste in the soup. Instead I munched on some chunks of potato in the soup. It feels weird to me, to have potato in pumpkin soup. There's a hint of oregano leaves flavour in the soup.

It's served with garlic bread. The garlic bread is toasted just nice, not too garlicky taste as I don't like garlic.

I ordered Lamb Shank. It's braised with Italian herbs, garlic, tomato, mushroom and red wine. The outer layer of the lamb shank tasted a bit hard but beneath it's quite tender. I like the mash potato which is not too creamy in taste and there are with bits of potato in it. The serving size is quite big and I am not able to finish it.
My bf ordered Chicken Napoli. The chicken breast was fried, then baked with sliced tomato and mozzarella cheese. The chicken is very fragrant. The chicken taste good, but it would be better if chicken thigh is used. The spaghetti sauce is a bit too sourly for me, but overall it taste ok.
After main course, the dessert of the day was served. It was chocolate cake with blueberry cheese. I just luv this cake. The chocolate layer melt right in my mouth. The blueberry cheese then neutralize the sweetness of the chocolate. Describing about it make me craving for this cake again.

As it was my birthday that day, my bf ordered a piece of tiramisu for me. Thanks for the dinner and everything! He knows I was craving for it after I read the review from PenangTuaPui. The Savoiardi (I called it bread stick) which is fully absorbed with coffee and liquor just melted in my mouth. It's very fragrant with coffee aroma.
More photos to share:



The interior of the restaurant.

I found a very interesting picture in the restaurant. A picture of a chili bottles. The chili bottles are not repeated.

Map for those who are not familiar:

20 comments

  1. Penang Tua Pui // Dec 15, 2008, 4:24:00 PM  

    TIRAMISU... MUST TRY....

    yum yum.....

  2. email2me // Dec 15, 2008, 11:18:00 PM  

    Opposite my parent's house also I never step my foot in it yet even though 5 mins walking distance.

    Must find 1 day when I am back in Pg go try all these restaurants. :P

  3. Steven Goh // Dec 16, 2008, 1:19:00 AM  

    wah... I love the lamb shank, nice leh. Cannot tahan liao. This week wanna go see got any nice place for lamb.

  4. -j- // Dec 16, 2008, 11:41:00 AM  

    everything looks so so so so good!!!!

  5. J2Kfm // Dec 16, 2008, 12:00:00 PM  

    1st time heard of it. new outlet?

    still rmbr in those days, dined at Bella Italia, Jln Burma on Xmas eve. food ok-ok, but damn crowded.

  6. Anonymous // Dec 16, 2008, 12:38:00 PM  

    everything looks great. that tiramisu looks ridiculously good

  7. Anonymous // Dec 16, 2008, 3:46:00 PM  

    wah is this place new? why so many restaurants open up after I move to Selangor?! Somemore near the place I used to stay in Penang! Not fair, lol! The food looks so nice!

  8. Allie // Dec 16, 2008, 4:53:00 PM  

    Penang Tua Pui,
    Yea. It's taste good!

  9. cariso // Dec 16, 2008, 9:36:00 PM  

    Aiyoh....the spaghetti not OK ah..I got to think twice liao. I've been aiming to try it out one leh since it first opened!

  10. Dolce // Dec 16, 2008, 11:08:00 PM  

    wow.. the italiano need to try it one day.. i never been there. the pic of food look nice huh... hehe

    feel free to visit http://www.travelling2u.com

  11. Dolce // Dec 16, 2008, 11:09:00 PM  

    hello.. feel free to visit http://www.travelling2u.com

  12. Anonymous // Dec 17, 2008, 12:41:00 AM  

    Wow...lucky girl. So many treats on yr special day.

  13. Allie // Dec 17, 2008, 9:16:00 AM  

    email2me,
    I guess when you are back Pg, the first thing you gonna eat is your mom's home cook food.

    Steven Goh,
    Haha... go find some nice place for lamb shank and share with us.

  14. Allie // Dec 17, 2008, 9:17:00 AM  

    Duckie,
    It taste good especially the dessert. Just wonderful. Yum yum..

    J2Kfm,
    It's quite new.

  15. Allie // Dec 17, 2008, 9:22:00 AM  

    Matt,
    The tiramisu taste wonderful!

    Vkeong,
    Come back to Penang for some food hunt. :-)

  16. Allie // Dec 17, 2008, 9:26:00 AM  

    Cariso,
    The spaghetti taste ok, just that too sourly for me.

    Shelly,
    Thanks for visiting.

    CK,
    :-D

  17. Anonymous // Dec 17, 2008, 5:55:00 PM  

    my goodness, the cakes look so nice...i love tiramisu

  18. Food Lover // Dec 17, 2008, 10:12:00 PM  

    Nice cake man ha ha looks like a comfy place to have dinner didn't know you have a photography blog will visit too!

  19. worldwindows // Dec 18, 2008, 12:58:00 AM  

    Pumpkin soup! So neutral. But need other ingredients to bring it out. Chicken? Beef? Never tried pumpkin until introduced to me by Filipinos. Pumpkin also blend well with anchovies or dried shrimps are nice.

  20. Allie // Dec 18, 2008, 11:09:00 AM  

    Simple Girl,
    The cake is so yummy lo.. I just luv it.

    Food Lover,
    Thanks for visiting my photography blog.

    worldwindows,
    The one that I had was quite plain though.