Lip Sin is very famous with the Super Tanker Foodcourt. But I do not like to eat at Super Tanker Foodcourt, cos I just don't like the food there. Sometimes I was forced to lunch there as my colleagues wanted to go.

My bf created a nick for Super Tanker just for me. Super Tanker = Super Boring. No offence as it's just me who don't like the food there.

There one stall just by the roadside a little further away from Super Tanker (to Sunshine Lip Sin direction) selling thumbs up tomyam noodle.

See my bowl of red hot tomyam... The tomyam tasted spicy and sour. Good to have it on rainy days as it'll warm you up. I like the minced meat which served in the tomyam. It's marinated with the right flavour.

Koay teow teng is an alternate choice if you don't take spicy food. The soup is sweet but it is a bit oily. It's served with some fishball. This bowl has extra fishball added.

Map for those who are not familiar:

14 comments

  1. cariso // Dec 13, 2008, 11:26:00 AM  

    *Give you five* on your first paragraph! :)

  2. Little Inbox // Dec 13, 2008, 1:25:00 PM  

    When I think of tom yam noodle, I'll go to Lai Hoe, the stall in the wet market near Sunshine.

  3. Penang Tua Pui // Dec 13, 2008, 4:49:00 PM  

    oooo.... nice finding... now become more and more pro in term food hunting...

    i can call u as "Food Hunt Queen"....

  4. Anonymous // Dec 13, 2008, 7:30:00 PM  

    Gosh, love tom yum! It sure looks really good! Thanks for the guide! I am so gonna try it

  5. Food Paradise // Dec 13, 2008, 9:11:00 PM  

    we use to go super tanker few years back but now we rarely went there. lol

  6. J2Kfm // Dec 13, 2008, 9:52:00 PM  

    yeah. last time when we studied in USM, nearly every night ate in either super tanker or Pekaka.

    repulsive. =P

    but after a while, kinda miss the food there. the Apom with fillings not bad. belacan fried chicken also.

  7. Allie // Dec 14, 2008, 12:36:00 AM  

    Cariso,
    5!

    Little Inbox,
    The Lai Hoe one is too spicy for me. It's too spicy that I can't taste other flavour.

  8. Allie // Dec 14, 2008, 12:36:00 AM  

    Penang Tua Pui,
    Cannot beat You guys la. :-p

    Iris,
    Thanks for visiting! Hope you'll like it.

  9. Allie // Dec 14, 2008, 12:39:00 AM  

    Food Paradise,
    Do you miss the food there?

    J2Kfm,
    Yeah, for me only the Apom and belacan fried rice is nice. :-p

  10. Crovax // Dec 14, 2008, 1:23:00 AM  

    Since I'm a penangite , I will share some info here and there xD

    I like the tomyam at Lai Hoe , Sunshine square market. Add fish to taste better =)

    Super tanker's curry fish head is very good xD

  11. Anonymous // Dec 14, 2008, 11:19:00 PM  

    Lip Sin....i remembered stayed there when i first came to Penang, I remembered there was a ncie chicken rice stall in the afternoon....nice Tom Yam, anyway!

  12. -j- // Dec 15, 2008, 10:27:00 AM  

    i love tom yam and somehow never get bored eating them!!!

  13. Allie // Dec 15, 2008, 11:17:00 AM  

    Ban Wah,
    Thanks for visiting and the info!

    But the one at Lai Hoe is much too spicy for me that it cover up other taste.

    Simple Girl,
    A bowl of tomyam in rainy days.. .just to warm you up.

    Duckie,
    Give me 5! Me 2.

  14. Big Boys Oven // Dec 15, 2008, 3:25:00 PM  

    hahaaha I have been to super boring, it is very boring and very true lol!