"What to eat tonight?" ... This is the question that we normally post to each other during dinner time. Normally for dinner, we would have hawker food cos it's just 2 of us. Eating out everyday for lunch and dinner could be very boring.

I went to this restaurant for lunch few days ago and their Pai Kut Ong Rice gave me a good impression. Although the price is slightly higher (RM5) but the portion is really big.

Since my bf likes to eat pai kut ong, off we go to Sin Hai Ben Seafood Restaurant which is located at Batu Maung.


The dishes we ordered arrived so quickly where the serving time is comparable to Ghee Seng TomYam Seafood.

Pai Kut Ong arrived first. The slices of meat are too thin, some are quite hard but some are tender. The meat are marinated, fried then served with sweet and sour sauce. Except the hard meat, others taste good.

I think the food quality is not very consistent as the pai kut ong that I had for lunch is very good with tender meat.

Stirred fried sweet potato leaves tasted too salty but the wok hei is there. We already feedback to the person in charge. He said we should have feedback to him earlier so that he can change a new one for us.

The last dish is tofu with mix vegetables. The gravy tasted pretty good but the tofu tasted a bit cold inside. Is it done purposely or...? But anyway, I prefer mine to be hot inside.

Map for those who are not familiar:


View larger map here

6 comments

  1. Unknown // Dec 29, 2008, 11:16:00 AM  

    for them to make a change - thats commendable :)

  2. Food Paradise // Dec 29, 2008, 3:04:00 PM  

    I went there few months ago and few weeks ago too. I think their foods are not bad. I still have one of the post of them yet to be publish. lol

  3. New Kid on the Blog // Dec 29, 2008, 4:27:00 PM  

    sort of standard food for 2 pax, huh?? :)

  4. Little Inbox // Dec 30, 2008, 8:12:00 AM  

    Hmm...I guess they prepare the tofu upfront, then just top up the gravy when there's order.

  5. Allie // Dec 30, 2008, 9:00:00 AM  

    QuaChee,
    Thanks for visiting!

    Food Paradise,
    The first time I lunch there, I also feel that their food is not bad. But I think their must maintain their quality.

  6. Allie // Dec 30, 2008, 9:05:00 AM  

    NKOB,
    Haha.. yaya.. for 2 pax, we can't order much.

    Little Inbox,
    They should have let the tofu simmer in the hot gravy for a little bit longer before they serve, huh?