Dim Sum is in my MUST try list for my HK trip. We went to the restaurant which PenangTuaPui dine in.

The dim sum is served in a restaurant named 倫敦大酒楼. We were shocked when we stepped inside. Looks quite grand with expensive shark fins and abalone displayed at the entrance. Since we do not know an alternate place for dim sum, we decided to eat there.

The ambience of the restaurant:


The dim sum that I can't forget is their siu mai. Although I am not a fan of siu mai, but I love the taste. It's totally different from what I ate at KL, PG and Ipoh. Chunks of mushroom can be found inside it.

Next is egg tart. Yummy. The egg filling is so soft and not too sweet. And the pastry is very light.

This one is very nice too. But we do not know what is it. Haha! It's looks like a cream puff but without the cream inside. It's topped with some fine sugar while the dough is very light and soft.

Char Siew Pau. Taste good too.


Siu Long Bau. This one taste so so. Dragon-i make much better siu long bau. Hehe. After all this dish is from Shanghai right, why did I eat it at HK?? Hehe...

Char Siew Sou (Char Siew pastry).

HK Chee Cheung Fun. I purposely ordered this as I saw the uncle sitting at the next table ate it. What I saw is the Chee Cheung Fun is stuff with many ingredients. But the one I ordered had nothing inside, so it taste very plain. Yea. I ordered the wrong things. There are a few types of them. But it's quite special as this chee cheung fun is being fried before served.

At HK, the sauce for the chee cheung fun is peanut butter sauce and another sweet sauce (which I called tim cheung in cantonese). Quite a good combination too.
Har Kau. Big prawns can be found inside. Not only one prawns but a few.

Total bill is HKD 120++.

5 comments

  1. Christina Kim // Oct 11, 2008, 6:27:00 AM  

    Yeah, dim sum is definitely a must-try!
    Seems like PenangTuaPui chose a great place; I didn't go to this one, I just simply go to one near my hotel that time and it wasn't such a memorable one:(

    Hey, the price isn't that expensive for so much right?:D

  2. Anonymous // Oct 11, 2008, 2:28:00 PM  

    hmm..... happy to see that you enjoy the food...

    need to thank Tam Ciak.. he is the one on the Hong Kong Trip..

    but me and fei fei so kek sim now... we only can look at the photo.... gian gian...

  3. Allie // Oct 11, 2008, 10:13:00 PM  

    Christy,
    Ya. The dim sum is great! The price is acceptable for me.

    PenangTuaPui,
    hehe... then you must plan for a trip to HK d.

  4. CRIZ LAI // Oct 13, 2008, 1:35:00 PM  

    Hmmm... An average of RM8 per plate. Still ok considering that you are there in HK where there are good in dim sum items.

    http://crizfood.blogspot.com/

  5. Allie // Oct 13, 2008, 5:00:00 PM  

    Criz,
    Yea. The price consider acceptable for me. Luv their dim sums... Starting to miss it already.