I believe this is a very common place for most Penangnites. A very famous place to have roti canai as breakfast. It's located near the old main police station along Transfer road.

The stall and the dining tables are stretch along a few buildings just by the road side. Lots of people eat here, so you have to wait patiently for your roti canai to be served.




While waiting for my roti canai, I've order 2 half boiled egg and roti bakar as my 'appetizer'. This roti bakar stall is just located next to the roti canai stall and the owner will walk around to take order from the roti canai customer.


My favourite - half boiled egg with some pepper and soy sauce.


Roti bakar with some butter and kaya. I still prefer mine with butter and lots of sugar sprinkle on top (the one at Sg. Tiram of course)


The roti bakar is prepared in a way as what you'd do with satay.


You can also opt for your half boiled egg to be served on top of your roti bakar.

After waited for quite sometimes, finally my main course arrived. Roti canai served with chicken curry and lamb curry. The roti canai is slightly crispy.
Lamb curry is very spicy while the lamb meat is very tender. The best part is without any 'lamb smell'.
Curry chicken which tasted not as spicy as the lamb curry. I noticed that the curry chicken is mixed with dal curry. To me, this one tasted not as good as the lamb curry but still it's not bad.

This place is not suitable for those who are very hygiene conscious as this was served at road side. And you may notice that they used to stack one place on another when they serve you the roti canai. Hmm... but I just close one eye, not to think too much about being hygienic at this moment. Hehe

8 comments

  1. Christina Kim // Oct 26, 2008, 4:18:00 PM  

    Ahh, a good ol' Malaysian breakfast! Great that it's still kept going by enthusiastic supporters like you....this is the symbol of our Malaysian identity:)

  2. cariso // Oct 26, 2008, 7:05:00 PM  

    Price wise? click with food quality?

  3. Anonymous // Oct 27, 2008, 2:14:00 PM  

    i like their lamb curry gravy. always asked for that instead of normal curry. but hor, do u hear that this is the place where the person who made the roti canai, went to the washroom, and back with "something" sticked on his ring. and he continued to make the roti canai. oh my my!!!!

  4. Allie // Oct 28, 2008, 9:37:00 AM  

    Christy,
    Ya. It's the good ol' Malaysian breakfast.

    Cariso,
    Price for 2pc of roti canai with one lamb curry and one chicken curry is RM 7. Acceptable for me.

    Allenooi,
    Ya. My friend told me the same story. But according to him, the case haven't happen for a few years d.
    So, smell your roti canai before you eat it. Hehe

  5. CRIZ LAI // Oct 28, 2008, 6:05:00 PM  

    Hygienic? You have not heard about their history yet. I'm not going to spoil anyone's appetite here. :P

    Well, taste not bad but could be a bit too spicy for a lot of people. That's how the drink seller earns a lot :P

    http://crizfood.blogspot.com/

  6. Allie // Oct 29, 2008, 9:20:00 PM  

    Criz,
    History? Seems like something really disgusting huh?

    Hm.. then cannot go back this stall d. hehe

  7. Penang Tua Pui // Oct 30, 2008, 10:49:00 PM  

    wa.. my favourite stall... I like it,,, yum yum

  8. email2me // Oct 30, 2008, 11:21:00 PM  

    Wah girl .... you didn't order their beef curry. That is their best seller!

    I miss their beef curry a lot .... Everytime I went back PG, I sure tar pau 20 pcs of the beef and bring back to KL slowly eat :D