Our last stop at Macau before we fly back to KL.

We ordered Pork Chop Bun (Chu Pa Pau) and Wantan soup as appetizer. Afterall, Macau is famous for it's pork chop bun rite? I don't really like the pork chop bun. The bread is too hard and tasted too plain. Basically it's a french loaf with a piece of pork chop in the middle of it. The pork chop only tasted salty to me. There's bone in the pork chop. So weird leh... Shouldn't it be boneless?


Wantan soup. This is good. Big piece of fresh shrimps can be found inside the wantan. Forget the name. But it's something like shrimp paste mee. See the powder like thing on top of the mee. It's actually powdered shrimp I guess as a very heavy taste of shrimp when you taste it. I don't like this. :-p
Mace Ball noodles. The mace ball is springly but taste slightly fishy for me. I'm quite sensitive to fishy smell.
Dumplings noodle. Taste not bad.
Spicy and sour mee. This one taste good. Spicy and sour soup with some minced meat in it.
This shop is pretty famous in Macau.

5 comments

  1. -j- // Oct 15, 2008, 12:15:00 PM  

    i think the spicy mee is the one that looks better than all other food!!! sorry i don't mean to be mean to say that the food is not nice ... just giving my 2 cents worth based on the pictures!!

  2. Penang Tua Pui // Oct 15, 2008, 6:47:00 PM  

    wow.. u really make me drooling

  3. Allie // Oct 16, 2008, 9:49:00 AM  

    duckie,
    No prob. In fact the food is so so nia.

    penang tua pui,
    your food blog makes me drool morel. Hehe

  4. J2Kfm // Oct 16, 2008, 1:39:00 PM  

    what;s the shop's name? Wong Chi Kei?
    sorry I cant read Chinese. =P

    yeah, I wonder why they put the pork chop with bones attached.

  5. Allie // Oct 17, 2008, 9:40:00 AM  

    j2kfm,
    Ya you are rite. Wong Chi Kei.
    Actually I can't read Chinese too. :-p